Thursday 27 June 2019

Ch-ch-ch Changes


We here at the blog have been forced to make some changes  for the 2019-20 hockey season.

The KIJHL in its infinite wisdom (with Fernie’s blessing at the KIJHL AGM) has decided to fine the “volunteer" team media people (play by play guys, writers etc) who won’t toe the party line. In other words everything is wonderful or we’ll fine you up to $2500. Meaning they would fine the team for anything they didn’t like on Twitter, internet broadcast or any other platform.

The KI and BC Hockey were really pissed because everyone was mocking them for forcing the cages on the players... but only in BC not in the rest of Canada, from a recruiting standpoint it just wasn’t fair. The Spokane Nelson stuff pissed em off pretty good too.

So with that in mind I have completely left the Ghostrider organization (they had already brought in a PR guy and wanted me out anyway) and so now they will do their own PR work.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch,  we will continue to do what we have always done (entertain you with local hockey) only now as an independent operator. 

Anyway in case you were wondering if the threat was real... I have already been contacted by the KIJHL’s so called “Commissioner"  saying he was looking forward to fining the team in my honour... or something like that. So I left the team, after more than 20 years of doing almost every job they ever had. 

 I am old and semi retired and the Riders want new younger blood so the parting was mutual... you know unless I wanted to be goal judge, security or one of the many other jobs I had in the past... uh no thanks,  now I can "just watch” instead of work the games.


1 comment:

  1. Good Job George, I have and always looked forward to hearing the real story. Thank you for all you have done for the team in the past and I look forward to the Ch-ch-ch Changes, and reading your independent reports

    ReplyDelete